Monday, July 24, 2006

The Lexus Experience

If somebody would ask me the top 5 brands of cars that I would like to ride in, Lexus would be right up there ! Lexus was always a dream, and destiny made sure that this dream comes true :)

I receive a mail from Lee Barnett (our Engagement Manager in the US) inviting me to a drinks-and-dinner party that evening. He was visiting the UK on a vacation, and just wanted to get in touch with the Directors here, and a few of us, who were working on projects related to his department. I confirmed with him that I would be there for sure !

The time was 6 pm… We would be going to a modern bar in Brighton, called Ha Ha’s for a drink or two… Followed by a dinner at Donatello’s (A classic Italian restaurant – One of the very good ones in Brighton). I had a few meetings that afternoon, but got late in the last one… It was already 5.15, when I was getting ready to leave, but realized that if I take the train back, it would be pretty late, and I would not be able to make it by 6. And since this was my first ‘corporate party’, I would have liked to be on time :) I quickly checked out the list of invitees on the invitation I received from Lee that morning. Phil Higson was one of them. I went over to Phil, and asked if I could hop on with him for the party. He had no problems at all, and we headed straight for the parking lot.

In the partking lot, there were only 3 cars parked… One was a small Volkswagen. The other was a longish car (Couldn’t see the brand). There was another sports utility vehicle parked at the far end. I only wished this was Phil’s !! And the next moment, he walks straight upto that one – And says, “Hop in !”. And guess what it was !?? A Lexus !!! It was a Lexus SUV – Which I was getting a chance to ride in :) As I got in, I was just amazed at the interiors, the navigator (which helps you track the roads you are on), the sun roof, the dashboard ! We were conversing about something… But I don’t even remember what it was about J The only thing I was thinking is, “Am I really sitting in a Lexus ? Good that I worked longer… Otherwise I would have been on the usual train :)”.

So, that was a dream come true… A Lexus SUV to ride in… Thanks Phil, for that beautiful ride :)

3 Comments:

  • Sahi hai dude.. enjoy maadi!!!
    post some pics soon!! :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:03 AM  

  • Sammy u rock buddy!!


    gautam

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:49 AM  

  • Thanks Sakshi, Thanks Gautam ! Pics coming up soon on my website... Will leave the blog to 'just' articles ;) (Pun intended !)

    By Blogger Samit, at 1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home